Wednesday, November 26, 2014

On Our Way Back

Home Feels Foreign

Well, we stayed in Ecuador for 2 weeks and we are still alive. Visiting a 3rd world country is very different from the normal life of a North American. Now having the experience I know what areas I need to work on before returning. The biggest problem for me is the language barrier. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but my goal is attainable. 

Right now we are in Quito waiting for our flight back at an outback. The original plan was to take a flight from Cuenca to Quito but that didn't quite work out. We waited too late to book the flight and the planes from Cuenca were completely booked up. So our next option was to take a four hour bus ride from Cuenca to Guayaquil and then fly from there to Quito, then from Quito to ATL. Like I said we are in Quito now waiting for our red eye flight back to the States. 

Since we've been here for 2 weeks and stayed in 3 different areas it already in a way feels homey to us. Going back almost feels like we are going to another different country. It's very hard to explain the feeling. But I miss my family, friends, and church so it is a good thing we are coming back for now. There are a few things we need to accomplish somewhat quickly and I believe we might have another longer trip out there in store for us in the relatively near future. But as the Lord wills we will follow.

Look forward to catching up with everyone. May God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment